Monday, May 5, 2008

Rid us of Ourselves



In a week from today, team Mozambique will be frantically trying to catch planes and get as much sleep as we possibly can. The LORD is moving! Like NO JOKE! I have never felt so close to the Lord as I do at this very moment. God has been doing amazing things through everyone on my team.

Last night, the team from 2007 came to our meeting and talked with us and prayed with us. They were so encouraging and really helped us prepare even more for what is in store for us. When we prayed, the Lord revealed to us so many things to us. God is HUGE. He is bigger than I can even fathom.

Matthew 11:4-6
Jesus told them, "Go back and tell John what's going on:
The blind see,
The lame walk,
Lepers are cleansed,
The deaf hear,
The dead are raised,
The wretched of the earth learn that God is on their side.
"Is this what you were expecting? Then count yourselves most blessed!"

Lord, this trip is Yours. Everything. We want this trip to be cosumed with You, and only YOU. You can bring words and peace and justice, that we cannot. I ask that you consume us with your passion and your love. Let everything we do, be for you. Let us speak of only Your words and let us only recieve Your thoughts, and nothing more. Guard our hearts Father, and protect us from the evil one. Rid us, of ourselves, of our sin, of our guilt, and fill our hearts with nothing but you.

We declare that we want to recieve You, and know You more. Lord I pray that you will cleanse our hearts, and our minds. We want to start fresh. Give us a clean pallet, an open heart. Rid our hearts of the things that are not You. We lift our hearts to you. We give you a blank slate. We ask that you will take them and write on them. Write Your Words on our hearts. Write your thoughts and you voice. Make it clear to us what YOU want, and nothing else. Again Lord, GUARD OUR HEARTS.

Ephesians 6:19-20
Pray also for me, that whenever I open my mouth, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel, for which I am an ambassador in chains. Pray that I may declare it fearlessly, as I should.

We are madly in love with YOU God. We want to serve you as your people and as your sons and daughters. Thank you for loving us, and thank you for being so evident in our team, and in our prayers, and in our lives! You blow my mind LORD!

Mark 12:29-31
Jesus said, "The first in importance is, 'Listen, Israel: The Lord your God is one; so love the Lord God with all your passion and prayer and intelligence and energy.' And here is the second: 'Love others as well as you love yourself.' There is no other commandment that ranks with these."

1 comment:

Travis said...

AVA!

I'm amazed by your heart more and more. And I'm SO proud to be your friend. :) The way your heart gets so excited about these things makes me so inspired. I'll be praying for you!! Don't lose sight and don't be afraid!

Love,
Bill