Saturday, May 10, 2008

Tomorrow, Tomorrow!




Tomorrow is the big day! Nearly 24 hours from now, we will all be together, preparing to jump onto a plane in just a few hours. What a journey! God is amazing and thats all I have to say, only because I do not have the words to describe His goodness.

My number one goal for this trip is to draw near to God, and to love Him with everything in me.

The Lord has been faithful! He has been pouring Himself in me more and more everyday! One thing that Blake keeps saying, that really sticks out to me is the word "Harvest". When he prays, he will say things like "the feild is ready for harvest", or "We will be your harvest".

This reminds me of a few scriptures, that I think will be really important for this trip.

Leviticus 23:9-11
The LORD said to Moses, "Speak to the Israelites and say to them: 'When you enter the land I am going to give you and you reap its harvest, bring to the priest a sheaf of the first grain you harvest. He is to wave the sheaf before the LORD so it will be accepted on your behalf; the priest is to wave it on the day after the Sabbath.

Psalm 67:5-6
May the peoples praise you, O God;
may all the peoples praise you.
Then the land will yield its harvest,
and God, our God, will bless us.

Psalm 85:12-13
The LORD will indeed give what is good,
and our land will yield its harvest.
Righteousness goes before him
and prepares the way for his steps.

Matthew 9:36-38
When he saw the crowds, he had compassion on them, because they were harassed and helpless, like sheep without a shepherd. Then he said to his disciples, "The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few. Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field."

"Ask the Lord of the harvest". Ask and we will receive. This is what our prayer needs to be. Ask the Lord for more workers. Ask Him for more "harvesters".

Lord, my prayer is to be Your harvester. Let me walk beside you so you can use me is ways which I can further Your kingdom. Let me never loose sight of Your glory and you righteousness.

You are enough for me Lord. I desire to be broken. I desire to be broken of myself and of this world, and molded into You. I desire for Your heart. You are my rock, You are my strength, You are my refuge. You are everything that is good and I delight in YOU!

Lord, we are faithful that you will protect our team. Keep us safe and FAR from danger. Keep the enemy away from us and leave a peace with our families. Lord, you are mighty and I love you so much!!! Thank you!


No comments: