Saturday, July 26, 2008

Good 'Ol Duncan!

I just wanted to update you on some things that I get to experience this summer while I am living in good 'ol Oklahoma! Due to the fact that there is usually nothing to do in a small town, I am determined to always find an adventure. 

One thing that I have grown found of are the antique and thrift stores all over town. The antique malls are filled with tons of cheap old stuff, and some of it is actually really cool! I find myself in there buying awesome jewelry and old books. I have been searching all summer for an old bike that I can paint and restore, but I haven't had much luck on that one yet! Also, the Goodwill right down the road has brought me many treasures! Amy gets mad at me every time I come home from there because of all the stuff I buy! The other day I found a dress that I loved! So I went to buy it, and the lady told me that since it had a yellow price tag on it, I could get anything I wanted in the store for free if it had a yellow price tag on it! Who knew that thrift stores gave away free things! I was amazed and sure enough found another dress with a yellow tag!

Next door there is a creepy abandoned house. Inside there is still junk left from the previous owners and in the backyard there is a shed filled with kids toys and dirty old clothes. Inside the shed, is what we think to be a home for 8-10 baby kittens! We see them crawling under the house next door all the time. Most of them are orange and white and two of them are black. We have been trying to catch them, but they are wild. I set out water for them every now and then, and keep trying to build a friendship with them by going and visiting ever so often.

Another thing I have become fond of is fishing! One of the first nights I was here, two friends, Stephen and Brett took me fishing! I caught tons of perch and a few catfish! I have never enjoyed fishing all that much until now, because in the pond we go in, they are always biting! It's always a lot of fun!

Ever so often, I peak my head out the backdoor window to check to see if our chicken friends have come to visit. There are a few chicken who love to roam around back there. We never knew where they were coming from or why they decided to make a seen in our backyard. Last night I finally decided to walk around and find out where they were coming from. In our backyard, we have an alley way where other houses back up to also. I walked our into to see where the chickens run off to, and sure enough there is a coop in someone's backyard where they live! 

Living in a small town has brought some great adventures and it has been fun exploring things to do here! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

With havin so much сontent do you eѵer run
into any problems οf plagorism οr coρyright infringement?
My site haѕ a lοt of unique contеnt ӏ've either created myself or outsourced but it appears a lot of it is popping it up all over the internet without my permission. Do you know any solutions to help reduce content from being stolen? I'd truly appreciatе it.


Here іs my web-site ... BlaсkСhіpPoker Bonus (customer-experience.ru)

Anonymous said...

Hi Deаr, аre уou truly visiting this website regularly, if
so аfter that you will definitely take рleasant know-hoω.


my web blog AmericasCardRoom Offer